Student Participation in Physical education /
The students actively participate in various sports, games, cultural and extracurricular activities.
- The institution promotes the following sports and games: Indoor: Chess, Table tennis, Carom and Badminton 2 Outdoor: Track and Field Events, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Kho- Kho, Kabadi, Handball, Ball badminton, Tennis and Volleyball.
- Every year the college conducts special coaching camps for the students in the above sports and games. As a result, our students bring many laurels to the college by winning many events.
- The institution feels proud to produce National, State and District level athletes and players.
- The college helps the District Association in organizing district leagues and inter-state matches.
- Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu has recognized our institution as the only training centre in the entire district for imparting specialized training for the students. They also provide sports scholarship to our students.
- Physical Education is made a mandatory part in Part-V of the curriculum.
- The College received a sum of ` 70,00,000/- from UGC to construct the Indoor Stadium which is in progress.
- The department organizes Police Fitness Training Camp for the benefit of our students. As a result, many of our students get recruited to the uniform services.
- The college encourages the students to organize various cultural events within the college and to participate in competitions outside as well.
- The college also provides opportunities for the students to expose their various skills such as Folk Arts, Instrumental Music, Literary talents, Classical and Western Dance, etc through the Fine Arts Club.
- All the students at the UG level join any one of the extra-curricular activities like NSS, NCC and Sports to accomplish Part V of the curriculum.
- The NCC of our college has emerged into a new force in the campus. It provides regular training to the cadets. In addition to that, it organizes several Voluntary and Intensive Skill Based programmes to the cadets.
- The NSS, with its 3 Boys and 3 Girls units, does yeomen service to the society and also to the campus in creating awareness programmes and also cleaning programmes. It has secured many awards and laurels to the college.
- Students are also actively involved in club activities like College Consumers’ Club, Red Ribbon Club and Youth Red Cross. Under these forums, many awareness camps, seminars, trainings and blood donation camps are organized.